Monday, August 13, 2012

Inspired Bathroom

I don't know about you, but I have a pretty awesome family! My lovely Aunt shared with me her most recent project, her girls Bathroom. 

I apologize for the lack of before photos, she didn't realize when doing the project that she'd be sharing photos and whatnot, but here's her story:

"My two girls share an upstairs bathroom. It is the standard construction installed vanity with ugly counter tops and horrible white tile flooring. So, when they were gone for two weeks my husband and I did a little 'mini makeover' to brighten it up a bit. 
A few years ago I had found a cute beach themed shower curtain dirt cheap at Ross, which I used as our starting point. We didn't want to spend much money, so we tried to use mostly things we had on hand. We painted with leftover paints that we combined into a pretty turquoise. 



The biggest issue in the bathroom was storage, there is always stuff all over the counters. To combat this, I purchased two 11 x 14 frames at the Dollar Store and painted them white." 

Quick Tip: When painting items like this, don't forget to put push pins in the bottom to suspend them while you are painting, it will keep the frame from sticking as it dries. 

"Once the frames dried, I added cork board to one and a left over piece of screen my husband painted to the other. It is a great way to keep all the earrings accessible and looking tidy. Underneath that, my husband slightly distressed a piece of board from the garage and added some knobs from Walmart ($2 for 4!) to round up all the necklaces and bracelets. 






Since neither of my kids know what a towel rack is used for I removed it out and added towel hooks instead. Believe it or not, the towels actually end up on the hooks and not the floor! To make it look good, my husband painted another piece of wood and added the BEACH letting in the same color we had used on the walls. I found orange 'beach' towels at WalMart for $3 each and an adorable hamper in the same orange at Marshalls ($12). 


I also have a nice big orange floor mat to cover up some of the white tile ($12 at Target). One of the better organizing ideas we used was to hang a shoe holder behind the door. This holds a manner of headbands, hair clips, body spray, lotion... you name it! I had the shoe holder in the garage for some reason, it is pretty heavy duty. I have had the plastic ones fall apart on me pretty quickly, but this one is very sturdy. 


All together I spent $42 and the bathroom is a lot nicer to be in and has honestly stayed much neater." 

Thank you Aunt Louise for sharing!!

She has a lot more projects coming up and has graciously agreed to share as they come up, so expect several more posts featuring her. 

~*Erin*~

No comments:

Post a Comment