Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Home

For the past 3 years I've been in kind of rut. We lived in this apartment that was just always dirty no matter how hard I cleaned it, it had a horrible floor plan, literally, guests had to walk through my bedroom just to get to the bathroom, ugly wall coloring, ugly floors, and a small very cramped kitchen. I admit, I completely gave up on a lot of aspects on my life, especially my living space. But, I really try to be optimistic and at last we decided to strap down and really take our lives in a positive direction. I decided that I wanted to go back to school and go into a career that I'd dreamed about since I was a child, boyfriend got a job that put him on a career path that he never imagined, so we decided it was time to move. This time, we didn't rush, we took our time, and looked.

Oh boy did we look, we saw small spaces, big and expensive spaces, spaces just to see spaces, and then when we found our apartment, everything just clicked, and we knew we had found our next home. July 14th, with the help of some of our dearest and greatest friends, we officially said good bye to the depressing place we used to live, and embraced our new life in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA.

First, let me introduce you to the empty spaces of our new home:


The Entry Way


Living Room (It's bigger than it looks, I'm not standing in the entry way, sorry for the poor angle)


To the right of the living room, that little door on the right hand side that you can barely see is the laundry room


Pretty much the most amazing room ever


Desk area


To the left of the living room is the dining nook


Kitchen


Bedroom (again, bad angle)


Closet is huge!



Toilet area of bathroom



Other side of bathroom


Cute shower curtains

These photos were all taken day 1. Come back tomorrow for Day 2 photos. 

I also apologize for those of you who've already seen all these photos on my other blog, thedistilledreview.com, since that's a blog about drinks, I wanted to shift my apartment posts over to this one. But hey, at least you have some sneak previews of what's to come!











No comments:

Post a Comment