Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Settling

It's amazing of how even old furniture and decoration can look so much better in a clean, open space. We have several upgrades that we'll be making to the apartment, but even to know that my place is so much cuter than what it used to be with the same old stuff is comforting. 

Here are some photos from Day 2, when we pretty closely finished unpacking. 


Right now we're using our bookshelf as double for an entry way table. It looks nice, especially since we've added some decor to the top and have added the books, but it won't be there forever. I promise to post an updated photo soon.


As time goes on we'll be looking for a new couch. Not that I haven't loved the red, it just doesn't quite go with the color scheme I'm wanting. We'll also be looking for a new entertainment center, this one looks fine from afar, but really is old and is really just the bottom of a taller one that broke, plus the underneath was designed for VHS... thinking upgrade is definite.


OK, seriously, I can not describe to you how much I love my kitchen, especially the bar area!! Thinking some high bar stools would be amazing.


Just wanted to post a close up of my Martini set. It was given to me a few years ago, but I never had space for it to go. I absolutely love it!


I really do love that table. It's circular but two of the ends fold down which gives it a nice bistro look. Does need some TLC though... thinking project in it's near future. 


Our desk area. Not much now, but I'm going back to school, so discussion of a shelf have already ensued. Plus a proper desk chair would be excellent. 

I apologize for no photos of the bedroom. I thought about this last night but got side track with the Olympics and reading 50 Shades of Grey.. which is an excellent book by the way. I know, I know, some of you try to stay out of the main stream must read books scene, but every time I try and end up picking it up I end up loving it. Plus, not to mention, I pretty much helped start the Hunger Games fab. I started reading and talking/posting/recommending that book before the second one was even released, so trust me, 50 Shades is pretty dang good.

Until next time!

~*Erin*~

No comments:

Post a Comment